Subject: Re: lost interrupt, device timeout...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/26/2004 23:34:52
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 11:22:47AM +0200, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> > controller.
>
> I tried this, and couldn't reproduce the problem since. Fine! But,
> what I don't understand: connecting both disks to the same channel
> (as master & slave) on the mainboard seems to work fine; if they are
> connected to separate channels (both as master) on the mb I get

Which brings us back to the power supply problem theory: when connected
on the same bus, both drives won't be active at the same time, where they
likely will be when on separate channels in a raid-1 setup. Both drives
active at the same time will require more power.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>