Subject: Re: lost interrupt, device timeout...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2004.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/26/2004 12:31:32
David Brownlee --> netbsd-help (2004-10-26 10:41:54 +0100):
> 	I've seen this behaviour (raidframe across two IDE disks on separate
> 	channels gives timeouts), on most of my raidframe machines.

The machine in question uses RAIDframe (level 1) as well.

> 	I've seen this at least on piixide and rccide, less so in viaide.

So viaide and pdcide join the club...

IIUC this is not critical, is it? Just suboptimal, maybe... What is
considered better: to connect the disks to the same channel, thus
degrading performance, or to connect to seperate channels and ignore
the timout messages?

Jukka

--
bashian roulette: