Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0
To: Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/26/2004 01:57:16
2.0 will come out when it will come out, I expect.  I doubt that anyone's
forgotten about it.  (^&

Note that the statement was something like "expecting" or "about"
1 to 2 weeks.

If I were to speculate wildly and without any foundation, I'd suspect
that they have decided to do a 5th RC, but have not yet got the RC
ready.  (After 4 RCs, I'd suspect that if there were no (major)
known problems, they'd go ahead and roll it out.)

...of course, they could also be waiting on the 1st of November.
Or Halloween.  Or the U.S. elections.  Or Guy Fawkes's Day...

If they wait a couple more weeks, it will be *my* birthday.  I wouldn't
object to calling NetBSD 2.0 my birthday present.  (^&