Subject: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Disabling_BEEP,_boot_with_broken_BIOS[1.6.1]?=
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <muslim@o2.pl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/26/2004 04:13:20
I.
Im using NetBSd 1.6.1 [with 2RC4 kernel]
It is any way to disable this teribble "BEEP" in console ?
What i must do ?

Edit my termcap file ? Disable beep is some *ctl program ?!

II [most importand].
How to create floppy that contain only the NetBSD "loader" program
but WITHOUT kernel ?!.

I try to boot from install disk somthing like:

boot wd0a:netbsd

But that dont work :(

You ask me: "Why the hell you dont boot directly from HDD ?!"
Answer is simple: I have some "creazy" 486 and old disk from my 386.
.. The disk DONT HAVE "switch" to change beetwen Slave and Master
MODE ! And my stupid 486 cant boot from that disk because he think
that is in SLAVE mode..

You ask: "So why the hell you just dont use yours 386 ?!"
Answer: My 386 dont have PCI slot for my ethernet :( And NetBSD
cant(?) change ethernet hardware adres... :(

BTW. I even try to use Linux LILO but its give me error like error
0x01... I belive that this is caused by very stupid buggy 486 BIOS..
.

Im use NetBSD 1.6.1 if thats help.