Subject: Re: kernel crash: db help
To: Calmin <calmin@unix-bg.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@redcrowgroup.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/21/2004 10:56:38
Calmin wrote:

> hello, i need help for db. Today i have a kernel crash and my router
> freeze.
> the only way to find problem is to work with db and report the problem.
> i read in netbsd-bubs mailing list that infront every mail there is
> kern/NUMBER. My question is how to find this number.. i think this
> number came from working with db after a crash.
> Thanks
> Regards
> calmin

The number you're referring to from the netbsd-bugs mailing list is a
Problem Report (PR) number - they're assigned by the problem reporting
system (gnats) when a human being reports a problem with the system.  See:

http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html

for more information.

The debugger you enter after a crash does not have anything to do with
the number;  when you crash, it's important to get a copy of the panic
message (if there is one), and perhaps a backtrace, which you can get by
typing "trace" at the db> prompt.

See http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/ for more information.

+j

--