Subject: Re: Harddrive refuses to mount.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: evilknievel <evilthings@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/2004 22:04:10
I dont really get this, what am i supposed to do?

I checked dmesg for these drives,

wd0 at atabus0 drive 0: <SAMSUNG SP0802N>
wd0: drive supports 16-sector PIO transfers, LBA48 addressing
wd0: 76351 MB, 155127 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 156368016 sectors
wd0: 32-bit data port
wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 5 (Ultra/100)
wd1 at atabus0 drive 1: <ST340015A>
wd1: drive supports 16-sector PIO transfers, LBA addressing
wd1: 38166 MB, 77545 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 78165360 sectors
wd1: 32-bit data port
wd1: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 5 (Ultra/100)

One thing that confuses me is the that the disk i used with OpenBSD
(wd0) says LBA48 adressing and wd1 says LBA adressing, why is it like
that ?