Subject: cd audio with soundblaster audigy 2 not working?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/2004 15:49:44
HI,

1st thanks to whoever got the soundblaster audigy 2 platinum pro to work, it
was a pleasent surprise when i updated to 2.99.10 yesterday (i would never
have known if NetBSD hadn't decided it was going to use the audigy instead of
my other soundblaster).

Just wanted to find out if it was possible to play audio cd's through this
sound card? I've tried both the analog and the digital connector but no luck.

I could use cdplay with my older soundblaster with no problems, but with just
the audigy 2 board in the machine i cant play cd's.

It's not much of a hinderance as i tend to mainly listen to mp3's but it would
be nice if it works.

Just one last thing is anyone working on getting the external input box thingy
working? i would love to be able to control the volume by the remote and skip
tracks like you can on windows.

I wouldn't mind helping out anyone who is working on this (if you want my
help). It will probably just be limited to testing and such till i can brush
up on my c.

Thanks again for this excellent work.

Mark