Subject: Re: Harddrive refuses to mount.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Schmitz <martin-schmitz@web.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/2004 09:25:02
evilknievel wrote:
> I know it is 'd' i forgot to mention it, ive tried mounting 'a' but
> with the same results.

Your disklabel looks really weird. Normally, under NetBSD, Partition 'd'
isn't actually a Partition you can mount, it's the whole disk, while
Partition 'c' ist the whole NetBSD-Portion of the disk. In your case a
and b looks the same, which is weird also. And they start with 0 which
isn't correct either.

I suggest that you look in the NetBSD Handbook. There is a section about
"Adding a new Harddisk" where there is a nice description of how to
write a new disklabel to the disk. You should create a correct NetBSD
disklabel which at least should contain an 'a' partition with the values
below:

> start 63, size 156360582 (76348 MB, Cyls 0-9733), Active

HTH,
Martin