Subject: Re: GLIB Vs glib?
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/15/2004 08:05:54
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Andy Ball wrote:

> I got this error when trying to build xplanet, I'm wondering if it's a case-
> sensitivity issue, since I already have glib installed...
>
> - Andy Ball
>
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.0... no

I don't know about the xplanet problem. I just want to mention that there
are two different GLIBs:

devel/glib/Makefile:COMMENT=            Some useful routines for C
programming (glib1)
devel/glib2/Makefile:COMMENT=           Some useful routines for C
programming (glib2)

Maybe you need the glib2 installed also.

Maybe the xplanet Makefile needs to include the glib2's buildlink3.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/