Subject: Re: Audio recording.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/07/2004 10:02:02
> Any suggestions?  I've had problems recording, and the problems
> have been persistant over the years.  Is it just that the audio
> record capabilities are very rarely used by anyone?

I have recorded audio several times using a microphone plugged into my
sound card on two (or more) NetBSD/i386 systems (various 1.5.x and 1.6.x
versions). It has seemed to work fine.

My son has used it a lot to record singing and talking by using xwave (I
think).

My own system has:

eap0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI (rev. 0x01)
eap0: interrupting at irq 5
audio0 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent
midi0 at eap0: AudioPCI MIDI UART

Have you played around with audioctl to make sure the record.* controls
are fine?

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/