Subject: make update hell
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Radhika Sambamurti <radhika@88thstreet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/04/2004 11:52:52
Hi,
I'm running netbsd 1.6.1 on i386 port and decided that i needed firefox.
so I happily went to pkgsrc and did a make, when it nicely told me that
some files were out of sync, and that I should do a make update.
And i believed it! I did a make update... the next thing I know is I dont
have gnome, mozilla, half my libraries and thats when my make update hell
began.
anyways, I really couldnt resolve all the package sync issues, since I had
to do damage control by manually removing and installing packages. Nothing
worked as I was working with current. I decided finally to rm -rf my
pkgsrc and checked out 2004Q2. I now have gnome and other essential (or
rather essential for me) packages.
So much for the make update. Its more like make a mess.

radhika

--
It's all a matter of perspective. You can choose your view by choosing
where to stand.