Subject: Re: RFI
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, timothy.musson@zin-tech.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/01/2004 04:13:36
Thanks, Timothy, for giving about the only truly thorough and helpful
answer.  I might have suggested that a link to Hubert Feyrer's (I think)
NetBSD Live CD images would have been a good thing.  (^&

To Chris: A flame did not seem appropriate, especially not when
the user is clearly confused and at least trying to get help.

If the user had both ability and inclination to learn about NetBSD,
he could be a good thing for NetBSD.  If he does not, he would
leave when he found he had to learn and think.  (I personally
suspect that the average computer user is smarter than they
appear---certain other operating systems cater to keeping users
ignorant however and discourage exercise of the intellect.  A
certain monopoly would be much less so if all users understood
their options.)

Re. religious intolerance: Probably this is not a good forum for
discussing comparative religions, as fascinating as the subject
may be.  (However, from what I've gathered, the jealousness of some
regligions is not universal.  I don't know if it is monotheism or
if it is the "I am a jealous god" tradition that Chrisitianity and
(I gather) Islam share by their common ancestry...)

As for the signature: A signature is fine; I think that the "Islam
is not for terrorism" line is apolitical, and do not relish the
political correctness view of restricting such a signature in any case.

And, in case it crosses your mind to guess: No, I am not a Muslim.
Nor am I Christian.