Subject: Linux compat fails for some files.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/30/2004 10:44:35
Hi there,

I'm trying to make 'steam' work on NetBSD 1.6.2. It's a platform to host a
game server, and it's closed source, linux only. I've got COMPAT_LINUX in
the kernel, installed a bunch of suse_compat/linux/base pkg's and thought
I was set. Until, I started the application. It gave "-bash: ./steam:
cannot execute binary file", csh says: "./steam: Exec format error. Wrong
Architecture.", but file claims: /usr/steam/hlds_l/steam-orig: ELF 32-bit
LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses
shared libs), not stripped.

A compact, more readable version is located at
http://ascent.student.utwente.nl/~ascent/steam4 and at
http://ascent.student.utwente.nl/~ascent/steam5, including ldd outputs
too.
I tried brandelf'ing it with freebsd's brandelf.. It changed from SYSV to
GNU/Linux, but still no go. Anyone has an idea on this ?

mvg,

Wouter

--
Wouter Schoot (wouter@schoot.org)