Subject: Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/30/2004 21:37:00
I understand that "Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached" can mean
several different things. Does anyone have a list of things this can mean?

I believe the default is 128 clients. Where is this defined? Can it be
changed while running.

xrestop tells me I have 58 clients.

I tried bumping the descriptors allowed and processes allowed for all my
processes but no luck. (I have around 92 processes. I think I have around
800 file descriptors.)

I also tried to increase the datasize, stacksize and memorylocked.

How can I see what this "Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached" really
means?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/