Subject: RFI
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Ton Heeren <ahmheeren@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/29/2004 22:35:57
Sir, ma'am
after my computer crashed due to a virus, I had to
format my hard drive and install Winsdows XP again.
My problem is now, the on-board (AMP) sound-/videocard
is now presented as a ? in the list of hardware.
Windows does not recognize the type and I believe the
driver is lost.
I heard NetBSD is able to run an application with
which I can identify my soundcard. If that is so, can
you please forward me the details of this application
(can I download it ?) so I can identify the details of
my soundcard and try to get the proper driver for it.
It you have other suggestions to solve this problem,
they are more than welcome !

Kind regards,
Ton Heeren