Subject: Re: bind/named and me
To: Mauricio <supremedalek@hotpop.com>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/29/2004 08:11:39
Mauricio wrote:
>     Stupid question: to start bind, which of the /etc/rc files should I
> use?  Shouldn't a line like this
>
> # Start bind
> named9=YES                named_flags=""
>
> in /etc/rc.conf do the trick (as opposite to have to use
> /etc/rc.d/named9 by hand)?  If it is relevant, this is NetBSD 1.6.1 in a
> DEC5000/25

I'm running 1.6.2 and bind 9 from pkgsrc with these settings:

www:/etc> grep named rc.conf
named=YES               named_flags="-u named -t /var/chroot/named"
www:/etc> cat rc.conf.d/named
command='/usr/pkg/sbin/named'
pidfile='/var/chroot/named/var/run/named.pid'
www:/etc>

All this means you can use the standard /etc/rc.d/named script to
start/stop/reload the daemon. No need to copy the named9 script.

Martti