Subject: Re: bind/named and me
To: Mauricio <supremedalek@hotpop.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/28/2004 19:48:13
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Mauricio wrote:

> 	Stupid question: to start bind, which of the /etc/rc files
> should I use?  Shouldn't a line like this
>
> # Start bind
> named9=YES                named_flags=""
>
> in /etc/rc.conf do the trick (as opposite to have to use
> /etc/rc.d/named9 by hand)?  If it is relevant, this is NetBSD 1.6.1
> in a DEC5000/25

It should work at boot time if /etc/rc.d/named9 exists.

Running /etc/rc.d/named9 by itself should not work unless named9=YES is
defined anyways (unless you use "forcestart").

Maybe you have some error message in your logs explaining why named failed
to start?

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/