Subject: Re: Annoying nfs problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/26/2004 12:52:18
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:04:27 +0300
"Bastiaan Welmers" <haasje@welmers.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having annoying NFS problems. By one or other reason there's
> something wrong with the NFS server and connection stops.
> After that I am unable to kill applications using de NFS share, unable
> to unmount the NFS share and even not able to reboot the machine
> without pressing the reset button.
> All program working with the NFS share just freeze and nothing can be
> done about that.

NFS behaves like that by default - try adding 'intr' to the mount
options, like this:
wintermute:/share/media /nfs/media      nfs     rw,soft,bg,intr 0 0

This causes NFS requests to time out after a certain time instead of
waiting forever.

> /Bastiaan

Kind regards,
Benjamin

--
If cars had improved at [the computer industry's] rate, a Rolls Royce
would now cost 10 dollars and get a billion miles per gallon.