Subject: Re: updating old source
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: admin@datazap.net <admin@datazap.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/24/2004 13:48:57
Hi,

This is what I have done:

setenv CVS_RSH ssh
setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot
cd /usr/src
cvs update -d -P -r netbsd-1-5

and this is what I get:

cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: cannot open directory /cvsroot/basesrc: No such file or
directory
cvs server: skipping directory

>From the mail archives:

See CVS modules merged
http://www.netbsd.org/Changes/#cvsmerge200212

but that link doesn't contant anything about cvsmerge anymore.

So, I have done a search, and this is what I have found:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-announce/2002/12/19/0000.html

#!/bin/sh

if [ -z "$1" -o ! -d "$1" ]; then
	echo "$0: directory not specified or not a directory"
	echo "Synopsis: $0 DIRECTORY"
	exit 1
fi

find "$1" -path '*/CVS/Repository' | \
while read fname; do
	sed -e 's@^.*base\(src\)@\1@'     \
		-e 's@^.*gnu\(src\)@\1@' \
		-e 's@^.*share\(src\)@\1@' \
		-e 's@^.*sys\(src\)@\1@' \
	 "$fname" > "$fname.out"
	mv "$fname.out" "$fname"
done

Is this the script that I will need to run to get fix what cvsmerge has
changed?

Thanks,
Al