Subject: Re: [opendx-users] Re: Connection to X server failed - Error during
To: None <opendx-users@opendx.watson.ibm.com, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/22/2004 18:03:24
Okay, I have added "baal" as a 2nd alias after "baal.amalekite.net" in
my /etc/hosts so that I now only get...

ERROR - Connection to server baal failed - Error during initialization.

...and not any other connection error. I can do this...

baal: {1} ping -c 1 baal
PING baal.amalekite.net (192.168.0.2): 56 data bytes

----baal.amalekite.net PING Statistics----
1 packets transmitted, 1 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.155/0.155/0.155/0.000 ms
baal: {2}

...so it's nothing to do with /etc/hosts. Yet all my other X programs
work as befofe. Is there some log in OpenDX which would tell me what
to look for next? why it fails to connect?

TIA

Gan

--

  Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird