Subject: no route to host with pppoe and link1 flag set
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Benjamin Hepp <benjamin-hepp@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/2004 23:01:59
Hello,

I am using IPnat on a netbsd machine for my local network.
I am activating the link1 flag on the pppoe0 interface for dial on demand.
When I ping a machine on the internet from a local host, a connection is
established and everything works fine, but when I ping a machine from the
netbsd-machine (the router using IPnat) I get "no route to host", even though a
route to "-iface 0.0.0.1" (pppoe0 is set to inet 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1) is set up.
Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm running a nameserver on the router,
so when I want to visit www.google.com my local machines ask the nameserver on
the router which in turn asks the nameserver of my ISP but has no route to it.

Does anybody know how to establish a connection from the router without
unsetting the link1 flag?

Thanks in advance,
 Benjamin Hepp