Subject: Re: Building 2.0 kernel on 1.6x system
To: Pawel Szczesniak <muslim@o2.pl>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/18/2004 23:27:05
> Hi. Its is posssible to compile NetBSD 2.0 kernel in 1.6.1 ?
> Currently i use NetBSD 1.6.1 and some GENERIC kernel from 2.0 Beta ;D
>
> When i try to compile kernel all i got is a buch of errors ;(
> So i must have 2.0 system to build 2.0 kernel ?
> Or what ? It is other solution ?

hi pawel,

http://netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#building

should do the job. check out (cvs) or download (ftp) the source of the
system you'd like to have, create the appropriate directories (e.g.,
obj) and use the ./build.sh script. straightforward :)

(if you like i can build a kernel for you as i'm just doing a bunch of
builds for amiga, sparc, sparc64, and macppc. any special wishes for
your kernel? send me your config and i'll make it accessible via http
or ftp. after some sleep, i.e. tomorrow morning ;)

--
mit vorzueglichster Hochachtung/best regards,

Timo Schoeler
//macfinity -- finest IT services | Triftstrasse 39 | 13353 Berlin |
Germany
Fon ++49 30 25 20 30 20 | Fax ++49 30 25 20 30 19
PGP data http://www.macfinity.net/~tis/contact/PGPPKB_timo.schoeler.txt