Subject: Re: Gateway
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@unifei.edu.br>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/18/2004 18:21:18

i don't think that DNS resolving is the problem; Eduardo wrote:

>> the server is still working fine, but the computer can
>> find other computers on internet but cannot ping them.
>> I mean if I ping www.google.com it recognizes it_s IP
>> but it can_t open www.google.com (cant ping, cant
>> trace route, etc...)

resolving works fine, but (AFAICS) certain UDP packets needed
(traceroute's default value uses UDP) and/or ICMP packets (when using
-I, that's to challenge yet) needed for traceroute/ping to work
disappear.

Eduardo, is there a possibility of running tcpdump?

--
mit vorzueglichster Hochachtung/best regards,

Timo Schoeler
//macfinity -- finest IT services | Triftstrasse 39 | 13353 Berlin |
Germany
Fon ++49 30 25 20 30 20 | Fax ++49 30 25 20 30 19
PGP data http://www.macfinity.net/~tis/contact/PGPPKB_timo.schoeler.txt