Subject: Re: netbsd on an HP Jornada 720
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <andy.ball@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/03/2004 17:17:35
Hello Radhika,

   RS> I found an old HP Jornada model 720, running windows
     > CE. I was wondering if anybody has successfully
     > installed netbsd on it.

It looks as though Herb Peyerl has...

   http://netbsd.org/gallery/in-Action/hpeyerl-jornada.jpg

       ...that's from the NetBSD in Action page, at...

             http://netbsd.org/gallery/in-Action/

   RS> It only has a dial up modem adapter and a serial port.
     > I looked on the netbsd website and didnt find anything
     > to the effect, so just checking.

If I understand correctly it also has a PC-Card slot where
you could plug in a network card or a GPRS modem like the
one in the first picture.

Something like the 720 should suit my mobile communications
/computing needs quite well because of the 80 column screen,
keypad, PC-Card slot and the ability to run SSH. Let us know
how you get on!

- Andy Ball