Subject: please review: new rat code for NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/03/2004 08:42:24
I have been working on a new audio driver for rat, the "robust audio
tool" used for multicast teleconferencing.  This driver adds native
NetBSD kernel audio support to the program.  I have sent the code to
the rat developers, but I would very much appreciate a more general
review by the NetBSD community.  The driver is available at:

       ftp://biology.nmsu.edu/pub/rat

Note that this code works fine on several different hardware platforms
with different audio hardware, but on one I am having trouble with the
kernel becoming locked up in the single read(2) function call.  If
anyone has suggestions on what might be causing that, how to fix it,
or even how to debug it, I would appeciate ideas.

Finally, any suggestions on overall design, implementation, or clarity
of the driver would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook