Subject: Re: kinit (Kerberos)
To: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
From: John R. Shannon <john@johnrshannon.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/02/2004 06:40:52
On Thursday 02 September 2004 06:34 am, Dick Davies wrote:
> Last time I tried kerberos on netbsd (I guess about Christmas) it 'just
> worked' with v5.
> Have you got anything that might enable v4 in krb5.conf?

I don't believe so:

[libdefaults]
        # Set the realm of this host here
        default_realm = JOHNRSHANNON.COM

        # Maximum allowed time difference between KDC and this host
        clockskew = 300

[realms]
        JOHNRSHANNON.COM = {
                # Specify KDC here
                kdc = kerberos.johnrshannon.com

                # Administration server, used for creating users etc.
                admin_server = kerberos.johnrshannon.com
        }

# This sections describes how to figure out a realm given a DNS name
[domain_realm]
        .johnrshannon.com = JOHNRSHANNON.COM

[kdc]
        require-preauth = yes

[kadmin]
        # This is the trickiest part of a Kerberos installation. See the
        # heimdal infopage for more information about encryption types.

        # For a k5 only realm, this will be fine
        default_keys = v5

> Otherwise , maybe it's your version of netbsd - I've always used current...

NetBSD 2.0_BETA

--

John R. Shannon
john@johnrshannon.com