Subject: Re: Mail archives.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: theo borm <theo_nbsdhelp@borm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/30/2004 11:36:17
Richard Rauch wrote:

>Once upon a time, there were downloadable mbox-style files for the
>mail archives (something like 1 per month, I think).  These were
>really nice.
>Another thing that would be nice is that I could have the lists
>presented in order-received,

I second that. Should be some simple rewriting of headers, though I guess
one would have to be carefull to prevent loops.

>Anyway, the real question is: Can I download complete mbox archives
>of the lists anywhere?  Broken up by month, or even by day, is fine.
>It is fine if they are not made available until they are marked read-
>only (i.e., closed for future appends), though in that case daily
>mboxes would be preferable.

some of the missing mails (08/23/2004-08/26/2004) seem to have been
archived at http://news.gw.com/netbsd.help/ ....

I *could* resend them, but that would be confusing, as they would then
show up twice at news.gw.com, so I guess this is a typical case where
list-owner-intervention would be nice.

Cheers,

Theo.