Subject: Segmentation fault on convert (ImageMagick)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/29/2004 10:59:27
I get this...

baal: {6} convert cloudwater.miff cloudwater.mpeg
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
baal: (7)

...but this works okay...

baal: {7} convert cloudwater.miff cloudwater.ras
baal: (8)

...with my I/O files being here...

http://starling.us/foo/cloudwater.miff  5502 KB
http://starling.us/foo/cloudwater.ras 28412 KB

...this is on NetBSD 1.6.2_RC4 with my package being
ImageMagick-6.0.0.2.

The *.miff file is output from OpenDX from package dx
ImageMagick's display can show both the *.miff and the
*.ras. But I'd rather have mpeg and the OpenDX tutorial
specifically suggests using ImageMagick to convert *.miff
to *.mpeg.

So my question is... Is this a bug in ImageMagick's convert
function or in NetBSD's implementation or in my package? Does
it work for somebody else on NetBSD or some other OS?

TIA,

Gan

--

  Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird