Subject: Re: ImageMagick Error
To: admin@datazap.net <admin@datazap.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/19/2004 23:37:40
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, admin@datazap.net wrote:

> I took a look at "objdump -x /usr/lib/libbz2.so.0.0", and "_BZ2_bzwrite"
> is not listed in the SYMBOL TABLE. So, I think that I found the problem,
> but how do I update libbz2.so.0.0? Is it part of a package?

It is part of native NetBSD. See
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/lib/libbz2/ and
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/dist/bzip2/

I don't know when _BZ2_bzwrite was added. Or why yours didn't have it.

It is also in pkgsrc at archivers/bzip2/. Maybe by setting
PREFER_PKGSRC+=bzip2 in your mk.conf it will be used instead when building
ImageMagick.

> Also, I just use anonymous cvs earlier today to get the lastest pkgsrc,
> but I can get libtool to build. I just chmod 755 the new pkgsrc, and I am
> doing a "make clean" of everything to see if that helps.

If it doesn't work, you may want to post about the specific errors in
another email (maybe to tech-pkg).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/