Subject: Re: ImageMagick Error
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: admin@datazap.net <admin@datazap.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/19/2004 22:26:26
Hello Jeremy,

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Hello Al,
>
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, admin@datazap.net wrote:
>
> > I have done several builds of ImageMagick. The first time it would not
> > build. So, I moved to a newer verison of the pkgsrc. Now, it builds but I
> > get this error:
> >
> > agnus: {145} convert
> > /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_BZ2_bzwrite" in
> > convert:/usr/local/lib/libMagick.so.6.0
>
> libMagick.so.6.0 seems to be an old version. ImageMagick-6.0.1.3 from a
> couple months ago has libMagick.so.6.1. And I saw earlier today
> ImageMagick in pkgsrc was updated again too.
>
> I used "objdump -x" to look at that library. Then I used it to look at
> /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0.
>
> It appears that _BZ2_bzwrite is defined in libbz2.so.
>
> Make sure that you have a libbz2.so that provides _BZ2_bzwrite. And also
> make sure that your libMagick.so is using that libbz2.so. (Maybe your
> libbz2.so is out-of-date?)

I took a look at "objdump -x /usr/lib/libbz2.so.0.0", and "_BZ2_bzwrite"
is not listed in the SYMBOL TABLE. So, I think that I found the problem,
but how do I update libbz2.so.0.0? Is it part of a package?

Also, I just use anonymous cvs earlier today to get the lastest pkgsrc,
but I can get libtool to build. I just chmod 755 the new pkgsrc, and I am
doing a "make clean" of everything to see if that helps.

Thanks,
Al