Subject: Re: realplayer 8 with firefox
To: Ja'far Railton <zen25058@zen.co.uk>
From: Alexander Flott <aflott-netbsd@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/2004 16:55:28
> I want to use realplayer 8 with the native build firefox 0.8.
>
> The pkgsrc 'make' gives :
> [...]
> but BSD is not listed in the OS list on the RP page. Which one will work?

Hi,

unfortunateley there is AFAIK no native Realplayer [1] for NetBSD (or any
*BSD), so the Linux emulation is used to get it work. On i386 you have to
download the non-distribution specific installer version -> linux 2.x libc6
i386 (not the rpm). Using Linux-emulated plugins also means that you need
an Linux-emulated firefox.

HTH

cheers
-Alex

[1] MPlayer can play Real files and there is at least a Mozilla plugin
(moz-mplayer) in pkgsrc, but I never tried it yet.