Subject: Re: USB->RS232
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/13/2004 15:40:24
Andy Ball wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    mlh> I can't manage to get this error. What version of
>       > NetBSD are you trying this with?
>
> NetBSD/i386-1.6.1
>
>    mlh> CP Tech - CP-US-03 - USB to Serial Adapter has a very
>       > slightly different housing than the IOGEAR or Tripp-
>       > lite units.
>
> Thanks.  I'll probably try to pick up one of the models that
> you have working.  If they work for me I'll pass this one on
> to a Windows user.

IIRC, neither of the units I mentioned worked with 1.6.1, but it
was primarily because they weren't recognized, so I had no way to
test. The Tripp-Lite U209 is only fairly recent, as I submitted
the changes for it only a few months ago. Maybe the driver didn't
even work correctly with 1.6.1 but indicated support for your model?

I'd suggest you try your unit with a more recent version of NetBSD
before you switch, as I suspect you won't gain much.