Subject: RE: rectifying nic irq conflict
To: None <wrat@metawire.org>
From: Alex Cavnar <alc6379@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/11/2004 11:33:41
-----------
If this message comes through ugly,
please excuse me-- I'm using Outlook!

-----Original Message-----

I've never used the Intel card that you're using, but I did inherit a few old 3com EISA NICs a while back. I wanted to use them in my P100 box I've got, but I ran into IRQ an ioport conflicts, too.

I don't know if your Intel cards have this, but I ended up finding a DOS utility provided by 3com that I used to change the settings in the firmware, which cleared up my conflicts. Maybe Intel has one of those.

--Alex