Subject: Laptop replacement
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Hertrick <m.hertrick@neovera.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/11/2004 11:36:39
I was wondering if there's anything that even comes close to meeting the
following requirements:

(in rough order of importance)

0)  runs NetBSD
1)  handheld or at least smaller than 6"x6" and less than 3 lbs.
2)  RS-232.   USB with RS-232 adapter is acceptable.
3)  optional external keyboard
4)  built-in 10Mb/s Ethernet
5)  built-in 802.11a/b/g
6)  8+ hour battery life with the ethernet turned off.
7)  automobile DC charger and 110V AC charger

My goal is to have a device capable of telnet/ssh client, serial-console
and modem (minicom, etc..), e-mail, and even text-based web-browsing
that I can easily strap on to my motorcycle and carry from datacenter to
datacenter to wiring closet to wiring closet.

Thanks,
Mike.