Subject: Re: Build customized NetBSD 2.0
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/11/2004 11:58:26
Dmitry Ivanov wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 05:17:09PM +0100, sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:
>

>>COPTS+=-pipe -march=athlon-tbird -m3dnow -mmmx
>>

>When I build with -pipe -march=pentium it complains
>that floppy image is too large. It looks like
>-march=pentium increases size of code.
>
>Now I'll try to build with -Os only.

Yeah I know, I've had this problem too a long time ago, what you have to
do is look at the error message and see which target is causing
problems, usually it's "bootfloppy-tiny", if you're compiling for i386,
go to

/usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies/bootfloppy-tiny

edit the Makefile and add the following line to it:

FLOPPYMAX=2

this should fix the problem with "image too large" errors OK.