Subject: Re: Fw: questions about USB
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?C=E9sar_Catri=E1n?= C. <ccatrian@eml.cc>
From: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/30/2004 17:46:16
On Wednesday 30 June 2004 14:16, C=E9sar Catri=E1n C. wrote:
> > > Would the recent updates to the USB code fix the problem?
> >
> > Fix *what* problem?  You haven't said what the problem actually is.
>
> Yes I had:
> > > I can't get to work my USB printer and modem together:
> > > The only working device is the modem, despite the printer is recogniz=
ed
> > > when it turns on/off.
>
> That is the problem. I can't print when the modem is plugged into a USB
> port and working. When I start the machine without the USB modem attached,
> the printer works fine. I've only two USB ports in my machine.

"It doesn't work" is not a useful description of a problem.  There is no=20
possibility that anyone can help you without more information.  You need to=
=20
state *how* it doesn't work.  Does it open the device and just hang trying =
to=20
write to it?  Does the printer disconnect?  Does the activity light on the=
=20
printer ever change?  Etc.