Subject: Re: Success story
To: Mats Blomstrand <mats.blomstrand@htu.se>
From: None <cube@cubidou.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/22/2004 17:52:15
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 05:27:30PM +0200, Mats Blomstrand wrote:
> Hi All
> Guess what? I have managed to install 1.6.2 on a 386 laptop with 6MB RAM
> and 60 MB harddisk!
>
> Not that i mean that focus should be on me because of that. No, congratulations
> should go to the NetBSD team. Fantastic! Thanks a lot guys!
>
> Thanks to the flexible install procedure and good install documentation i
> managed to work around a bug (a small one) and a design "flaw" (not
> really a flaw) in the floppy install method.
>
> Anyone interested in me describing how i did it?

Even if nobody was interested right now (which I'm sure is not true anyway),
having the how-to in the mail archive would certainly help future users in
a similar situation.

Besides, there might stuff that can be made to improve sysinst and/or
the floppies to make such an install easier.

Thanks for your feedback.

Quentin Garnier.