Subject: Re: permissions woes [1.6.2 / i386]
To: Mark Thomas <mark@jed.theswamp.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/17/2004 14:27:55
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Mark Thomas wrote:

> A couple of days ago I inadvertently change a bunch of 'other'
> permissons using 'chmod -R'. Well I managed to restore most of them, I
> think! The only problem I am having is after logging on as a user. When
> I'm in bash and do a 'clear' I get the following message. "tput: tgetent
> failure: permisson denied". Also if I start Vim I get "terminal entry
> not found in termcap vt100 not known available builtin terminals are:
> builtin_dumb" I did some looking around but didn't find any thing that
> helped me.

Maybe use mtree with the /etc/mtree/NetBSD.dist specification. mtree can
be used to check your attributes and (re)set them too.

(And maybe also with the /usr/pkgsrc/mk/NetBSD.pkg.dist mtree
specification too.)

You may also want to try ktrace to see what file(s) /usr/bin/clear and vim
are trying to open.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/