Subject: Re: How to test modem?
To: Asterius Pandoras <asterius@airpost.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/14/2004 08:09:08
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Asterius Pandoras wrote:

> work. Question: How do I test/probe my modem to know that it is
> operational before I'll take a plunge into pppd thing? I'd prefer not to
> use any third party tools; I did just
> basic install from 1st 1.6.2 CD. However, if I have no choice, just tell
> me what package I need and I copy it into the box. Thanks very much.

Maybe you can try NetBSD's native cu, like
cu -l /dev/tty00
(use the device for your modem).

And then try common Hayes/AT commands, like

ATD5551234
ATH

I don't know about your modem or driver (although I do understand it has
something to do with ltmodem).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/