Subject: 3Com 10/100 LAN+56K Modem (3CCFEM556B)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Stefan Hajnoczi <sh220@student.cs.york.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/12/2004 17:00:06
--=-ShiCEe9JndsejvBpxXBz

Hi,
I have a 3Com Megahertz 10/100 LAN+56K Modem (3CCFEM556B) PC card (=3D PC
Card (PCMCIA) Type II, Type III, or CardBus PC Card, according to
3Com).  I grabbed a NetBSD 2.0_BETA autobuild the other day.  The device
is available as "ep0".  It can be brought up/down and configured via
ifconfig.  However, when actually trying to use it, nothing happens.

dhclient announces it is broadcasting DHCPDISCOVER, but replies are
never received.  tcpdump never shows any traffic, although there should
be traffic on the network.  (Everything works when another box uses the
same cable.)

I had a look around /sys/dev/cardbus and came to the conclusion that the
card is (probably?) not supported.  However, 3CCFEM656B is supported
(shown in /sys/dev/cardbus/cardbusdevs).  Is there any chance I can use
this driver instead?

Thanks,
Stefan Hajnoczi

--=-ShiCEe9JndsejvBpxXBz