Subject: Re: mount fd0c saga...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <jukka-netbsd@2004.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/12/2004 11:33:56
Asterius Pandoras --> netbsd-help (2004-06-11 19:10:49 -0700):
> mount -t ext2fs /dev/fd0c /home   Semms like it mounted ( no error

Use /dev/fd0a instead.

> messages) then, ls /home ( no output, I don;t see any files in "home"
> directory). cd /home. ls gives this: /home: bad dir ino 2 at offset 0:
> mangled entry. panic: bad dir
> Stopped in pid 272(ls) at cpu_Debugger+0x4: leave
> db>
> BTW: how do I leave db> the only solution I found with db> help is to
> reboot the system, which is not exactly what I need.

You can't leave ddb, it's the in-kernel debugger (see ddb(4)). You
dropped into ddb because your kernel panic()ed.

Are you using -current?

> What am I doing wrong? What other methods of accomplishing such easy
> tasks as this. Your suggestions are VERY appreciated. This drives me....

You used the wrong device name and triggered a kernel bug. You should
consider to send-pr(1) that bug.

Cheers, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: