Subject: Re: pkg_chk -u problem
To: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
From: Ja'far Railton <zen25058@zen.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/11/2004 08:11:36
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:50:29 -0700
Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com> wrote:

> A quick search of the mail lists will reveal many
> suggestions about how to best use pkg_chk.

I am aware of some of these suggestions but due to lack of experience/knowldge I tend to try the easiest ones first I'm afraid.

> I build everything in a chroot jail or on another system, use pkg_chk -i -r
> to remove installed obsolete files, and then use pkg_chk -a -b to reinstall
> the binary packages I made elsewhere. This way I go into the process knowing
> that everything is ready beforehand.

I have been 'avoiding jail' so far but maybe it is the only real solution. I will have to read up on chrooting and give it a try.

Thanks very much for your reply.

--
Ja'far