Subject: Re: Mount cdrom drive?
To: Asterius Pandoras <asterius@airpost.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/08/2004 16:01:13
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Asterius Pandoras wrote:

> I'm trying to compile LTmodem driver, and before doing this discovered
> that my usual mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /home doesn't work with NetBSD.
> Apperently cdrom is called other bad name in NetBsd. So, how one does it?

Under the BSDs, use "cd9660" as the mount type.

Have a look at the mount(8) manual page. It has "[s]ome useful examples",
such as:

           CD-ROM
                   mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/cd0a /cdrom

More info may be read in the mount_cd9660(8) manual page.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/