Subject: Re: pppd and file 'connect-errors'
To: Gary Thorpe <gathorpe79@yahoo.com>
From: None <j.e.drews@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/07/2004 19:28:40
Hi Gary:

 It's listed in the man page for "chat"
EXCERPT:
SAY STRINGS:   The SAY directive allows the script to send strings to the user at  the
       terminal via standard error.  If chat is being run by pppd, and pppd is
       running as a daemon (detached from its controlling terminal),  standard
       error  will normally be redirected to the file /etc/ppp/connect-errors.

       SAY strings must be enclosed in single or double  quotes.  If  carriage
       return  and  line  feed are needed in the string to be output, you must
       explicitly add them to your string.

-------------- Original message from Gary Thorpe : --------------