Subject: Re: Is PCMCIA Modem supported?
To: None <j.e.drews@att.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/07/2004 10:42:51
On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 05:44:55PM +0000, j.e.drews@att.net wrote:
> Hello Tom:
>
>  I tried the ATZ command in my chat script but it did not work. cu shows that it connects on /dev/tty03. I guess the modem card is unsupported in 1.6.2 ? It's a Hawking PN612

Do you get something back when typing 'atz' in cu ?

> http://www.hawkingtech.com/prodSpec.php?ProdID=46
>
> I suppose NetBSD 2.0 will fix the problem.

It's worth gving a try, but the problem may be somewhere else, maybe
interrupt-related.
but in the dmesg I notice it's probed as
com3: ns8250 or ns16450, no fifo

This is wrong, from the datasheet it's16550-compatible.
This could mean that the driver fails to talk to the UART properly, maybe
the I/O ports are not mapped properly ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>