Subject: Compaq WLAN MultiPort W200 wireless interface supported?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/06/2004 09:31:38
Hi all,

I have a memory of the wireless interface on my notebook working when I
booted NetBSD on it a long time ago.  This is now a bit puzzling because
with 1.6.2 and 2.0_BETA the wireless interface isn't recognised. :-(

The interface is a 'Compaq WLAN Multiport W200' which interfaces via
USB.  Right now it's being picked up by 'ugen':

# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
 port 3 addr 3: full speed, self powered, config 1, Compaq WLAN
 MultiPort W200(0x0076), Compaq Computers(0x049f), rev 0.00

# dmesg | grep ugen1
ugen1 at uhub0 port 3
ugen1: Compaq Computers Compaq WLAN MultiPort W200, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 3

I've used the card with Linux, for what that's worth.  Is there some
kernel driver that I need to add?  I've looked quickly but don't see
anything obvious.  Maybe I'm missing something ... clues welcome!

Thanks in anticipation,

Giles