Subject: Re: gateway setup [1.6.2 / i386]
To: Jyce <jyce@free.fr>
From: None <mark@theswamp.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/05/2004 17:08:00

> that
> > > there
>
> > > echoed?
> > > ping.

> > yes it pauses a long time before it returns anything. I'll try the
> -n
> > option in a few.
> This is because by default, ping try to resolv. So if you can't
> access to
> your ISP DNS ping will not try to ping until the resolv failed.
> >
> > question:
> > Since I do have a static IP and two DNS numbers what file do the
> DNS
> > entries belong in?
> > I currently have them in my resolv.conf file.
> That's ok.
> DNS IP must be in /etc/resolv.conf

Thanks. I believe we have narrowed it down to the DNS/resolv.conf. If
I remove the the entries for nameservers every thing is nice and fast.
I can ping everything locally. Plus Apache starts up nicely. Of course
I cannot get to the inet without DNS, so this is where I'm confused
now. My domain (theswamp.org) is real, it's also registered with
dyndns.org, the nameserver entires in the resolv.conf are from my
provider, this is what I use on my SME(redhat) server which works
fine.

thanks again for the feedback.
--
 _