Subject: NetBSD 2.0 Dynamically Linked?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Flowers <jeff@jeffreyf.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/03/2004 09:26:45
I was looking through the changes from NetBSD 1.6 to 2.0 (very impressive,
by the way) but one thing I didn't notice was any mention of the operating
system being dynamically linked or of the creation of a /rescue directory
for emergencies. Is this still going to happen with 2.0?

If this change is in NetBSD 2.0, can anyone tell me how this has effected
NetBSD, good or bad? I have not yet had a chance to try NetBSD 2.0 but, for
example, I would think that a dynamically linked NetBSD system would be
smaller but perhaps a tad bit slower. Would this be a correct assumption?

Thanks.

--
Jeff Flowers