Subject: Re: strange problem while trying to install php4
To: Geiregat Jonas <eniac@sdf-eu.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/02/2004 12:31:55
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Geiregat Jonas wrote:

> the php4 configure script gives me the following error:
> checking external libexpat install dir... /usr/pkg/include
> configure: error: not found. Please reinstall the expat distribution.
> *** Error code 1

> so I check if expat is installed:
> pkg_info -a | grep expat
> expat-1.95.6nb1     XML parser library written in C

libphp4.so usually is linked to libexpat.

You may want to try including the expat buildlink file.

Maybe add to bottom of pkgsrc/www/php4/Makefile.common:

.include "../../textproc/expat/buildlink3.mk"

Do a "make clean" followed by "make" again.

I didn't test the above, but hopefully it helps you.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/