Subject: Re: compiling from pkgsrc reboots machine continously
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Amadeus <poff@sixbit.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/20/2004 17:28:26
It seems memory related as well.

I tried an install of 1.6.2, and the boot disks wouldn't work.

On first disk, got a bunch of @@@ charactersa and some fatal error message
before loading the second disk.

I tested the sdram slots and one of them had some failures (machine
wouldn't boot if using that one). I lost 32mb of ram, but the 1.6.2 install
went ahead without a glitch. That is removing a ram chip.

I returned to compiling samba3 from source and now it gets kernel panics
into debug mode.

I noticed pagefault. This was during configure, not even compile!

I can compile lots of other things from pkgsrc so I don't know if it';s a
cpu issue.

I'm trying to get the binary package of samba3 instead.

Thanks for your help,

Amadeus

--
poff@sixbit.org